Gifts Guys Hate to Receive
TheFrisky.com put out a list of things that guys hate to receive as gifts.
Here are some of the things to avoid getting your man this holiday season:
1. Aftershave. Shaving stuff in general probably shouldn’t be given as gifts, unless you’re giving a really nice straight razor or something, but aftershave is one of the more thoughtless examples of gifts from this genre.
2. Gift Certificates/Cards. The gift certificate is a great way to take perfectly good money that works everywhere and make it completely useless at any place. Most of the time, a gift certificate is for a restaurant or store that no guy would go to, and even when it isn’t, it’s basically giving a guy money (regardless of what the stores tell you), which makes it a thoughtless gift.
3. Socks. Very few guys need socks, and if they do need socks, a pack costs $5. Getting socks as a gift is like getting a tire gauge or a pack of Bic pens or a week’s worth of toilet paper: totally utilitarian and completely unnecessary.
4. Ties. Really nice ties are actually a decent gift. However, most ties suck. Maybe 95 percent of all ties are designed by blind people who vomit on them. Most guys already have enough ties, and they’re fairly impersonal gifts. Ties are a great gift to get your father when you’re 13, but past that point, not so much.
5. Wallets. Men like the wallets that they have—we don’t need new wallets. A well-designed wallet doesn’t impress us, nor does the material it’s made out of or how many compartments it has. We spend most of our time sitting on the thing. Any object that spends that much time pressed against an ass is a low concern.
6. Tools. Like the ties, tools can be a cool gift, but too often women don’t check whether their guys have the tools in question before heading to the checkout counter. If you know that your guy wants a specific tool and you don’t know much about tool brands, get help from an older guy working at your local Home Depot (the younger guys are idiots) before buying. Otherwise, go with something else.
For more go to thefrisky.com.
What do you think? Comments below.