You’re trying to save money… we all are… and let’s face it, throwing down $150 every six week on cut a color isn’t going to help you stay in within your budget.
So coloring your hair at home is a great wait to save some cash but there are definetly a few tips you should follow to get a salon quality look, especially if you want highlights….
Here’s what the pros say...
• Use a clarifying shampoo on your hair at least two days before coloring.
• Never shampoo the day you color.
• Check the expiration date on the package. And once you mix the color, use it right away!
• Toss out the brush that comes in the box and buy flat 1/2 and 1/4 inch acrylic brushes. These brushes, used by artists, are available at art supply stores (they'll give you better control and more natural-looking results)
• Start from the back of your head and work forward. By working from back to front, you won't smear the pieces in front by having to reach over them to do the back.