Overused Phrases of the Decade
TheFrisky.com put out a list of the most overused phrases of the past decade. Check out the list here:
1. Wardrobe malfunction
2. Status update
3. Tweeted (as in â€śI just tweeted about thatâ€ť)
4. â€śCougarâ€ť to describe any attractive woman over the age of 35, who happens to be single, or any woman dating a man more than three years her junior.
5. The â€ścleverâ€ť blending of two words to create one era-appropriate word, like â€śStaycation,â€ť â€śbromance,â€ť â€śMetrosexual,â€ť â€śRecessionista,â€ť and â€śBrangelina.â€ť
6. â€śI just threw up a little in my mouth.â€ť
7. Date Night
8. Getting anything â€śon,â€ť like â€śgetting my drink on.â€ť
9. All IM- and text-inspired abbreviations: OMG, TMI, WTF, LMAO, ZOMG, and the granddaddy of them all, LOL.
10. â€śHot messâ€ť to describe anyone a little attractive whose sanity â€” or outfit â€” is questionable. i.e., Juliette Lewis.
11. The shortening of words â€” which we are definitely guilty of â€” like â€śwhatevs,â€ť â€śobvi,â€ť and â€śtotes.â€ť
12. â€śThatâ€™s what she said.â€ť
13. Seriously. Seriously? Seriously.
14. The word â€śamazingâ€ť to describe anything that isnâ€™t actually amazing.
15. â€śThatâ€™s hot!â€ť
17. Un/Friended (as in â€śI friended/unfriended him on Facebookâ€ť)
19. â€śDude!â€ť (As an exclamation or a greeting)
20. â€śWhat a douche.â€ť
21. â€śVoted off,â€ť thanks, primarily, to the number of reality shows that vote members off the island/out of the house/off the show.
22. â€śThereâ€™s an app for that.â€ť
24. â€śLike white on rice.â€ť
25. â€śIâ€™m over it.â€ť
For more go to thefrisky.com.
What do you think? Comments below.